Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will you be using photographs?
I don’t use photographs. I illustrate in cartoon style. Please refer blogpost Cartoons Vs Photographs
2. Will the illustrations be life like pictures?
No, my style of illustration is more like caricature or cartoons. To get an idea of my style of illustration you may see Sample Personalised Picture Book
3. How does the process work?
To begin with, I collect basic information such as the child’s name, the names and relationships of the other characters the child would like to see in the book, the reading level, the interests of the child and so on. Apart from the above basic information, I would request you to give any other detail which you may deem fit to make the book extra special. These could even be things like a toy that child likes to hold on to at all times or a particular song that helps the child associate with the memory that you are trying to preserve and so on.
4. What information would you need?
- The kind of hair the child has- straight, curly or wavy
- The length of hair and typical hairstyles
- The reading level
- Interests- the kind of stories that he or she enjoys
5. How long does it take to complete an order?
Typically the whole process takes about 2-3 weeks.
6. Will I receive a hard copy of the book?
7. How much do these books cost?
One copy of a personalised picture book is priced at Rs.1000.
Standard package of 4 copies is priced at Rs.2000
Variations in the number of copies is possible.
Shipping charges for deliveries outside India will be additional.
7. Would the personalised picture books be available on sale to the general public?
No, personalised picture books specially created for your child will not be available for sale anywhere.
8. How to order?
9. How to pay?
I accept payments on Tez. Alternatively you may also do an online transfer. Once I receive your order form, I will email the details.